PLEASE ENCLOSE THE FOLLOWING IN A SEPARATE MAILING:
1. Names and addresses of employers, dates of employment, list of responsibilities. Include all employment experience in Montessori Schools.
2. A non-refundable $100.00 application fee payable to the Montessori Training Center of St. Louis.
3. Write to the Colleges/Universities you have attended and have them send transcripts directly to the Montessori Training Center of St. Louis.
4. Answers to the following questions:
a. Indicate the reasons for your decision to take Montessori training. What are your plans in regard to your future work in Montessori? If you have worked with children, please describe your experiences. Include any other pertinent information about your self that relates directly or indirectly to your future work in Montessori.
b. What are the conditions under which you will be taking the Montessori course? What outside responsibilities will affect the amount of time you will be able to devote to study? Please date and sign your submission. Your signature signifies agreement to the terms and conditions set forth for course admission.
When your file is complete, your application will be reviewed and you will be apprised of your status. Upon notification of acceptance, a $500.00 acceptance fee is due with the signed Enrollment Agreement within 30 days from the date of the acceptance packet. This will reserve your place in the course.
If, for some reason, the course does not occur, all fees will be refunded.
The Montessori Training Center of St. Louis
3854 Washington Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63108
The Diploma requirements of the Association Montessori Internationale is granted upon satisfactory completion of the course requirements in:
1. Attendance at lectures and supervised practice sessions, observation and practice teaching, classroom materials and albums.
2. Passing marks on both written examinations and the oral examination conducted by Examiners of the Association Montessori Internationale.
Students failing any part of the examination can retake that part of the examination once.
Reviews: Each student's work and progress in the course are regularly reviewed by the Director of Training. Individual conferences are held with each student near the end of each summer to discuss progress toward successful completion of the course and future Montessori work. More conferences are held as necessary and/or as requested.
Note: Students are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the Training Center and any arrangements made for their training during the course. Students may be asked to discontinue their course for medical, psychological, academic or other cogent reasons.